Friday, March 1, 2013

Is this even real?

Nine hours. That is all that stands between me and the most amazing life experience I have ever had. Honestly, it just started to hit me a little bit ago. This is no longer just something I am going to do in the future. This is real. This is going to happen. I am excited, terrified, curious, and calm all at the same time. 

Although I am a mildly seasoned traveler (I have been to five or six different countries), this will be my first experience outside of North America. That fact in itself is truly incredible. You see, I was born and raised in a tiny town in rural Elk County. Many of my neighbors have never left the country, let alone traveled to another hemisphere. I am blessed to have the opportunity to experience things many of my fellow peers could never even imagine. 

This trip is going change me. That is undeniable. However, I am determined to run straight into this adventure and dive head first into anything and everything offered to me. I want to make the most out of this seven day journey. I hope to experience the food, the culture, the music, and the people. I want to get a taste of it all.

Nine hours. Nine hours stand between me and a life changing adventure. I want to thank my family, friends, Sister Nancy, my fellow travelers, and everyone who has supported this trip or I in any way possible. I am so very blessed to be a student here at Mount Aloysius College and to have this once in a lifetime opportunity. Thank you for following our blog. Please say a prayer for us!

--- Laura Stahli

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have a totally amazing experience. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you...sending all my love and prayers with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be safe have an amazing adventure

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all is going well and you are having a truly wonderful experience! I love You!

    ReplyDelete